Hello! Welcome to the new Blog Battle! If you haven’t already, check out the slightly altered rules and twice monthly story posting (there’s a calendar with all the dates on the rules page). We’ll call the next few months a testing phase to see if the new changes are worthy of our writing goals, if not we’ll readjust to fit what’s best for the battle.
Battle 60’s “Duplicitous” Winner is Crushed by Tess K! Don’t forget to add the battle winner badge to your story!
Now, for Battle 61 “Surfer” Stories!
Post your story by 11:59 PM PST on Tuesday, May 24th. I add them here throughout the day.
RULES for VOTING: Anyone can vote as long as you’ve read ALL the stories by 11:59 PM PST of the Monday before the next battle day. Vote for your TOP 3 favorites. Winner announced on the next Tuesday’s #BlogBattle entries post!
- The God Strain by G. Jefferies
- Just a Hunch by Teherah Watthe
- Busted by Tess K.
- You Can’t Spell Mediterranean Without Maine by Andy D.
- Ride the Wave by Carrie Ann
- Answers and Plans by Phoenix Grey
- Sky Town by E. Rawls
- Space Surfer by Rachael Ritchey
- Cappuccino and the Great Heist by Cathleen Townsend
- Of the Surfer by Beaton M.
- Soul Surfer by Claire Banschbach
PS If I’m missing your story, just leave me a comment to let me know!
Read all the stories & PLEASE VOTE for your top THREE favorites (not all for the same, though!).
Tuesday, June 7th’s Theme Will Be: Photograph
- 1500 words max (effective May 2016)
- fictional tale (or true if you really want)
- PG (no more than PG-13) Content – let’s keep this family friendly!
- Your story must contain the word(s) from the theme and/or be centered around the theme in a way that shows it is clearly related.
- State the Genre of your story at the top/bottom of your post.
- Post your stories on the 2nd & 4th Tuesday of the month, by 11:59 PM PST
- Go for the entertainment value!
- Put a link back to your #BlogBattle Short Story in the comments section, and/or include a link to a battle post (not a page) in your own blog post (it creates a “ping-back” which will alert me and our friends to your #BlogBattle post).
- Use the hashtag #BlogBattle when tweeting your story.
- Let us know if you have a Facebook author/writer page so we can LIKE it to stay connected.
- Have fun!
You have until the Monday prior to the Next Story Tuesday to read the submitted stories & vote for your top three. Please consider the expert use of the theme word when choosing.