***SO, in my crazy mind I’ve totally messed up the dates and stories should have been posted this week (7/12/16) on Tuesday, not last week! I am so sorry for the confusion. If you still want to add a “Flavour” story, please please feel free to do so now, and I’ll add it to the list before I even make the poll (which I still haven’t done yet!)***
Hey all! I’ve been super busy, but not in a bad way, except to say that my time with #BlogBattle has suffered a bit. But here in the US we just celebrated Independence Day, and I’m sure I’m not the only one who could use a little extra time to get my story posted for this week’s battle. That being said, we all get an extra 24 hours to post our stories! 🙂 Post your story before Midnight of Wednesday the 6th of July, and let us know it’s up so we can add it to the list.
Battle 63’s “Hero” Winner is Missing by E. E. Rawls! Don’t forget to add the battle winner badge to your story!
Now for Battle 64 “Flavor/Flavour” Stories!
Post your story on your blog by 11:59 PM PST OF WEDNESDAY (THIS WEEK) with a link back to this post. I add them here throughout the day.
RULES for VOTING: Anyone can vote as long as you’ve read ALL the stories by 11:59 PM PST of the Monday before the next battle day. Vote for your TOP 3 favorites. Winner announced on the next Tuesday’s #BlogBattle entries post!
- The Taste of Fear by Cathleen Townsend
- Of the Pink Band by Beaton M.
- Spice for Life by Rachael Ritchey
- Kitchen Nightmares: The Ghastly Gumbo by Indian Macgyver
PS If I’m missing your story, just leave me a comment to let me know!
Read all the stories & PLEASE VOTE for up to your top THREE favorites (not all for the same, though!).
POLL WILL BE here on Tuesday July 19th.
Tuesday, July 26th Theme Will Be: BATHTUB
(Now, to give you a bit of creative inspiration, I’ll just mention “Hot Tub Time Machine” and let you think about that for a while. ;P ha!)
- 1500 words max (effective May 2016)
- fictional tale (or true if you really want)
- PG (no more than PG-13) Content – let’s keep this family friendly!
- Your story must contain the word(s) from the theme and/or be centered around the theme in a way that shows it is clearly related.
- State the Genre of your story at the top/bottom of your post.
- Post your stories on the 2nd & 4th Tuesday of the month, by 11:59 PM PST
- Go for the entertainment value!
- Put a link back to your #BlogBattle Short Story in the comments section, and/or include a link to a battle post (not a page) in your own blog post (it creates a “ping-back” which will alert me and our friends to your #BlogBattle post).
- Use the hashtag #BlogBattle when tweeting your story.
- Let us know if you have a Facebook author/writer page so we can LIKE it to stay connected.
- Have fun!
You have until the Monday prior to the Next Story Tuesday to read the submitted stories & vote for your top three. Please consider the expert use of the theme word when choosing.