I’m baaaack! Okay, if for some reason I don’t have your story here now, please let me know so I can add it! We’ve still got Fri-Monday to read and vote. ❤ Thanks y’all!
Hello! Welcome to the new Blog Battle, a weekly writing prompt competition! If you haven’t already, check out the slightly altered rules.
Battle 68’s “Menagerie” Winner is Meandering Menagerie by Rachael Ritchey! Don’t forget to add the battle winner badge to your story!
- The Trip of a Lifetime by Carrie Ann
- Of Chance Encounters (Mystery) by Beaton M.
- Hazel by Rachael Ritchey
PS If I’m missing your story, just leave me a comment to let me know!
Next Tuesday’s Theme Word: Derelict
Read all the stories & PLEASE VOTE for your top favorite.
- 1500 words max (effective May 2016)
- fictional tale (or true if you really want)
- PG (no more than PG-13) Content – let’s keep this family friendly!
- Your story must contain the word(s) from the theme and/or be centered around the theme in a way that shows it is clearly related.
- State the Genre of your story at the top/bottom of your post.
- Post your story on Tuesday by 11:59 PM PST (you have a week to write it)
- Go for the entertainment value!
- Put a link back to your #BlogBattle Short Story in the comments section, and/or include a link to a battle post (not a page) in your own blog post (it creates a “ping-back” which will alert me and our friends to your #BlogBattle post).
- Use the hashtag #BlogBattle when tweeting your story.
- Let us know if you have a Facebook author/writer page so we can LIKE it to stay connected.
- Have fun!
You have until the next Monday at midnight to read the submitted stories & vote for your top three. Please consider the expert use of the theme word when choosing.