August 2018 Blog Battle
Our word this month is:
***The stories post is now live!***
But it’s not too late. You can still post your story and have it added by August 30th. Happy reading and writing!
Any photos included with the prompt are only for your benefit as a pinch of inspiration. They don’t need to dictate your theme or story genre. Only the Word of the Month counts! Photos are thanks to various photographers from Unsplash.com
You can start writing at any time, but make sure you post your story by the 30th of the month to have it considered for Top Story by your friendly,
incorrigible encouraging Blog Battle admins!
Once you’ve posted your story to your blog, put a link to it in the comments section, and we’ll add your story to the Battle Stories Line-up post.
Make sure to check back and read some of the stories of your fellow battlers. Leave comments to encourage these writers, and share each other’s stories!
The battler whose story is chosen in a given month will have the opportunity to be interviewed, and your story will be highlighted here on the blog!
The Prompt Word will be given the First Tuesday of Every Month.
Post your story by the 30th of the Same Month.
- 1000 words max (give or take a few)
- fictional tale (or true if you really want)
- Any genre that fits within PG-13 (or less) Content – let’s keep this family friendly!
- Your story must contain the randomly chosen word(s) and/or be centered around the word meaning in a way that shows it is clearly related.
- Go for the entertainment value!
- Put a link back to your #BlogBattle Short Story in the comments section
- Please tweet and otherwise share your battler buddies’ stories across social media.
- Use the hashtag #BlogBattle when tweeting all the stories so we can cross-share.
- Have fun!
Each month we will choose a story we enjoyed from the entries and feature it. The chosen author will be able to add this badge to the story: