- 1000 words max (give or take a few)
- fictional tale (or true if you really want)
- PG-13 (or less) Content – let’s keep this family friendly!
- Your story must contain the randomly chosen weekly word(s) and/or be centered around the word meaning in a way that shows it is clearly related.
- If you’re feeling feisty, use the randomly chosen suggested GENRE too!.
- Post your story on Tuesday by 11:59 PM PST (The next week’s word and genre are included with on the current Tuesday post. You’ll have a week to write before you post!).
- Go for the entertainment value!
- Put a link back to your #BlogBattle Short Story in the comments section, and/or include a link to the current Battle Post on your own blog post (it creates a “ping-back” which will alert me and our friends to your #BlogBattle post).
- If you blog on a platform other than WP, you can either post a link in the comments or email me the link to add using the contact form on the About page.
- Please tweet and otherwise share your battler buddies’ stories across social media.
- Use the hashtag #BlogBattle when tweeting all the stories so we can cross-share.
- Let us know if you have a Facebook author/writer page so we can LIKE it to stay connected.
- Have fun!
The poll for voting will be added Wednesday nights. You’ll have until the next Monday prior to the Story Post Tuesday to read the submitted stories & vote for your top three. Please consider the expert use of the theme word when choosing.
Each winner will receive this awesome #BlogBattle Winner Badge to display with their winning story on their webpage: