The Prompt Word is given on the First Tuesday of Every Month. You then have a week before the Stories Post will go live.
- You can post a link to your story in the comments section at any time, and we’ll add it to the Stories Post.
Be sure to post your story by the 30th of the Same Month and check out the other listed stories. We add more throughout the month, so check back regularly to find new ones.
Share your input in the comments of the Stories Post to let us know your favorites!
- 1000 words max (give or take a few)
- fictional tale (or true if you really want)
- PG-13 (or less) Content – let’s keep this family friendly!
- Your story must contain the randomly chosen word(s) and/or be centered around the word meaning in a way that shows it is clearly related.
- Go for the entertainment value!
- Put a link back to your #BlogBattle Short Story in the comments section
- Please tweet and otherwise share your battler buddies’ stories across social media.
- Use the hashtag #BlogBattle when tweeting all the stories so we can cross-share.
- Let us know if you have a Facebook author/writer page so we can LIKE it to stay connected.
- Have fun!